The Water Safety Portal is a toolbox for the Water Safety Planning approach and is jointly sponsored by IWA and WHO.
Water Safety Portal aims to contribute to improving and maintaining the safety of drinking water supplies through the effective implementation of WSPs, a catchment to consumer risk assessment and management approach advocated for by IWA and WHO as the most effective means of consistently ensuring the safety of a drinking water supply. The WSPortal is achieving this through collecting and disseminating case studies, tools, and other resources, which provide practical guidance and evidence-based material of relevance that can be applied appropriately for a range of circumstances.
It is a platform that promotes an active interaction between governments, practitioners and implementers, allowing water and public health sector professionals to exchange experiences and foster collaboration.
More specifically, the main objectives of the Water Safety Portal are:
- To serve as a resource library, through which users can share information by uploading and downloading documents (guidelines, templates, training materials, case studies etc.);
- Give an introduction to Water Safety Planning with a brief overview of the concept with easy links to sources of further information;
- Allow for various users to actively interact;
- Keep visitors and registered users updated on news and events related to Water Safety Planning.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact us on: WSPortal@iwahq.org
Who is Water Safety Portal for?
Water Safety Portal is intended for all those involved in the management of drinking-water supplies and provides practical guidance for those responsible for ensuring drinking-water quality.
Why register for Water Safety Portal ?
Water Safety Portal relies on water experts interacting by submitting tools and case studies and also commenting on them.
Once registered you:
- Become part of a global community of practitioners implementing WSPs;
- Can submit resources and expand the resources library by clicking on ‘Submit Resource’ (These submissions are subject to review before they are displayed);
- Can comment on resources, and request to get in touch with other members based on their uploads;
- Will receive regular email updates, including the latest submissions, news and events.
Click here to register your details
How to use Water Safety Portal :
A summary of the water safety planning approach ‘at a glance’ is presented in the section What are Water Safety Plans?, alongside links for further information.
All WSP resources are available to view and download via the ‘Find WSP Resources’ page.
All WSP resources have been categorized on the resources page to help you to easily find the resources you need.
On the ‘WSP Resources’ page, you may search for WSP resources through a basic keyword search, or use the advanced search option, which allows you to refine your search by selecting different search categories (e.g. according to language, region etc.).
Registered users may comment and rate WSP resources for the benefit of other users.
To upload materials to the Water Safety Portal, you must first be a registered user. These materials may then be uploaded to the Water Safety Portal pending review and approval by an administrator.
Feedback on how we may improve Water Safety Portal is welcome, and may be provided by emailing WSPortal@iwahq.org